Sunday, September 13, 2009

Time for Tea?

Happy Sunday Everyone!
I'm in the middle of a busy weekend but I wanted to squeeze this card in for you :)

Friday Sketchers had a super sketch that I just had to do.
The Pink Elephant had a challenging color combo of Red, Yellow, Black and White that I didn't think I could do but I did!
Simon Says wanted us to get Oriental and I had the perfect image for this that I'd been itching to use.
Paper Play had the hard challenge of No Patterned Paper and I've always passed on that challenge but when I saw Charisma Cardz had the challenge of Patchwork I knew I'd be fine with just cardstock :)




I'd been dying to use this fantastic image from Mo's Digital Pencil and with the Oriental challenge I no longer had an excuse!
I colored her with my Copic's and it was wonderful! All the papers on this are just cardstock. I used Coredinations cardstock that has different colors in the center which make it perfect for a project like this I used a different embossing folder on each color and then sanded the embossed area to reveal the color below. So it may look like a patterened paper but it really isn't!
I added Spellbinders corners that I embossed to match.
The sentiment is a Jolee's sticker.



The inside has more cardstock with a Teapot and Teacup to match the sentiment.



I just had to show her again as she is delightful!
Mo is such a clever artist and her images are wonderful to work with.
Have a great rest of your Sunday!
Katie

14 comments:

Sandie said...

Wonderful card. Your papers really look like patterned paper... they're just fantastic!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week. Good luck!! :)

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just fabulous ! The image is gorgeous ,, soo cute and the cat is adorable ! ;-) The way you've used the coredinations is an inspiration ! Perfect card ,, I love everything about it :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge ;-)
Luv
Lols x x

Juls said...

just fab!! I love this image..I keep meaning to get it myself!! Love the colours you have used with it so striking!! such a fab card!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

katie this is a true Eastern delight, these Mo images are so good, seen as your a customer, try using some of your charm for a sponsor deal for c&g. janex

Julie M said...

Fab card, Katie - I love the effect of all that embossing and sanding - brilliant. The image is gorgeous too, as are the colours.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

Linda . J said...

Hi Katie I just love this and the image is beautiful,love the colours.
Hugs Linda

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE this week!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Rosanne said...

What a lovely card!

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Super great job!! That is such an awesome image;) Love the color combo too!!
GinaMarie

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, it's a lovely image and your colours are striking!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Sally said...

Fabulous card. I love the way you have created your own patterened paper out of cardstock. Kudos to you for a fantastic idea. Thanks for joining this week at Charisma Cardz.

Barb Hardeman said...

Katie! 3 challenges in one card and I can barely get one card made these days! Awesome corner treatments, I'm so jealous of all your nifty tools. Cool challenge to use NO dp but you pulled it off so well. Gorgeous...

Allison said...

such a cute card, thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
AllisonX

Vee said...

A fabulous card, love your image and the gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee