Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Recipe Box and Matching Card

Happy Tuesday!
It is grey and actually "cold" only in the 60's for high's and that's cold for TX!
Last week I showed you a Halloween altered lunchbox and it actually got chosen as a Top Pick in the Halloween section at Card Of The Week.com!
So It spurred me on to create another box.
This time I chose to make it into a recipe box and to include a matching card!
I hope you like it!

Here you can see the box and the card together.
I used some fabulous dp from The Paper Studio that I got at Hobby Lobby, it really was the starting point for the whole project. The chipboard letters are from an old collection from the $1 spot at Target.
I used my Threading Water border punch for the border around both the box and the title and carried it through to the card.

This fantastic image is from Victoria Case from her "Girls" CD which is still available, you just need to email her directly, but it is well worth it!
I colored her with Copic's and added faux stitching to the mat and also to the nestie holding the the sentiment.

The inside is more of the wonderfu dp and a message mat trimmed with the Threading Water punch.

Here is a close up of the box alone.
I hope you enjoyed looking and have a great evening!
Katie

7 comments:

Danni said...

Simply adorable!! Love this!

Janiel/ janny said...

Katie this is VERY VERY CUTE!!!!!!! Love it!!!
coloring is great!
hugs, janny

~JulieH~ said...

Oh wow Katie what a gorgeous set love all the detail an the image is fabulous!
Juliexx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

just fantastic katie. card and box so good and cute and girly. janex

Sandra H. said...

This is really cute! Love the colors!

Barb Hardeman said...

Fabulous, Fabulous, FABulous!!!

Unknown said...

Cute image and dp paper with the cooking theme! The recipe box is a wonderful compliment to the card!