Saturday, June 27, 2009

WOW! It's been a month already (oh and a new card for 2 challenges :))

It can't believe it but it's been a month since I started blogging and it has become something I HAVE to do everyday (or at least try to :))
It has helped me with my card making as there are so many blogs out there to inspire me and challenges that just beg to be done.
I want to thank all of you have become a follower and all those wonderful comments I've been receiving.
I always want to thank Suzanne from ScrapBitz for the wonderful blog candy I won, so much in that wonderful box!
Anyway I have another card for you today and it completes 2 challenges.




Over at Kerry's wonderful Three Clovers Blog they have a challenge to make a card relating to where you come from. Well it just so happened that I found a wonderful stamp at Joanns by Inkadinkado this week with a British Bulldog on it! Perfect for this challenge!
I have lived in the US for over 12 years now but England is my heart and soul and never a day (or probably even an hour) goes by without me thinking of home.
I colored this little guy with my Copic's and sat him on a scalloped circle Nestie.
The layout I used came from the great sketch over at Cupcake Craft Challenges and I liked the combination of circle and square aspects to it.
So I hope you like it and have a great rest of your weekend!
Katie

6 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Darling card! Great colors and layout with lots of details!
Thanks for joining us in the 3CTC this week. It would be so hard to be homesick and not be able to hop in a car and drive home! I hope you get to go home for visits!

Vivi Casale said...

Adorable card Katie!!
Hugs
Vivi

Kruemel said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! Love that bulldog image and all that dotted papers. Great job!
Thanks for playing with CCC this week!
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Katie, what a fantastic card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. The buttons are adorable. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Elena said...

Very cute card! I really love the stamp you used! Thank you so much for sharing your story and joining us at 3CTC!

Kerry D-C said...

This gave me a huge smile!! What a fantastic stamp!! Love all the dots too! Thanks so much for participating in this week's 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge! It is fun to see how everyone interprets where they are from.