Friday, June 12, 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge and my 1st Miss Anya card

It's the start of the weekend already? Wow that week went fast :)
I've only been making cards since September 2008 and only stamping since January 2009 but it has quickly become an obsession. I love all the wonderful images out there and the pleasure of coloring them takes me back to being a child.
Opening a package and inking up a new stamp makes me remember the joy of getting a new "coloring book" and grabbing my "felt tips" to fill in all the pictures.
When I first saw The Greeting Farm I was intrigued by the images and their character. After looking through the site I saw the Miss Anya Collection and just knew I had to have her.



Tha challenge at A Spoon Full of Sugar this week is to use butterflies. When looking at this Miss Anya I thought that her hairbow looked a lot like a butterfly and so it gave me a chance to use it. I love this paper from The Garden Party Stack by DCWV and it gave me a chance to work with my favorite color pallette.
I added a handmade hatpin with a crystal butterfly on it. This bead is one of my favorites and I'll let you into a secret... it came from Walmart! They have really increased their jewelry making section and I've found lots of cute beads there.



For the inside I used a coordinating paper from the same stack, I love how it glitters and shines.
Sorry for the bad photos today, my camera has my zoom lens on and it blurs it a little, I'll try and take some more later.
I hope you are all fine and are looking forward to a great weekend. My hubby and son come back from Scout camp tomorrow so life will be busier than ever with everyone home!
Katie

No comments: