Thursday, June 18, 2009

A double posting day!

I didn't plan on posting twice today but I forgot that Friday Sketchers has a Thursday night deadline, so much for my planning!LOL
It looked like an easy sketch and I thought "oh I can do that one quickly" of course it didn't work out that way.
But at least it's done and when I saw the challenge at Charisma Cardz this morning I realised this would work for both :)



I used a "new to me" digital image from Digi Stamp Boutique called Lizzie with Handbag. I printed her on white and then on to some of the dp so I could paper piece her. I ended up paper piecing the dress, shoes, handbag and even the hairbows!
I colored her with my Copic's and drew a little extra grass to finish the bottom of the image.
The dp is DCWV The Sweet Stack, the flowers are from the bridal department at Michaels and rectangle is embossed by a Sizzix texture plate.
The sentiment is from Joanns, I think it's Cloud 9 or Heidi Grace.
The border punch is EK Succcess.



The inside is coordinating paper with some of the punched border.



I wanted to get a close up of the girl but the image is a little blurry, I'll try and photograph it again later.
Katie

6 comments:

Vee said...

Gorgeous card I love the earthy colours and all the bling. Thanks for joining the fun at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Jeanette said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in at Friday Sketchers this week. Hugs Jeanette xx

Sally said...

Great Card. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma cardz.

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Such a pretty card entry you had for the sugar bowl, Katie! I love the colors and the papers! I had fun playing the Sugar bowl as well.

I think you should definitely give it a try at Midnight Madness Sketch, your cards have beautiful color, and not to mention up to $500 prize they are giving, each week's entry is one more chance at the pot.
Please take a look, http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com
Best ~Jeni

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the flowers and your colour scheme, thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Unknown said...

We renew houses In Maryland,US.
Centre / Surface remodelings,
reasonable prices,license,
references,photos,free estimates,
also take houses to refurnish:
http://www.renewhouse4u.com.
Mobile:410-978-7981.
Thanks.