Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another digi stamp and The Next Level Challenge

Another warm day in North Texas, it's not hit 100 yet but it will soon, I'm sure of that :)
You know how I did 6 challenges in 1 card yesterday? well today's card only fills 1 challenge and it took me all of yesterday morning to complete (and I must admit I added a final touch just a few moments before photographing! LOL)
There is a fantastic new blog called The Next Level and this week they have a sketch that I just had to do;)
It is a blog I shall be going back and back to as it is like a magazine with all the tutorials, ideas and challenges.



I loved how the sketch had a curve and a pocket and a tag, so many things to play with!
I used a new digital stamp called Daisy May that I bought from Cute Daisy May Digi Stamps and her childish innocence really appealed to me. I colored her with a mixture of Copic's and Promarkers.
The dp on the front layer is Basic Grey and the back is DCVW. The ribbon is Offray and the fabric brads are Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby. I added a sentiment to the tag and to the inside, both are from Marcella by K "Eilza" from Target. I added a punched border to the inside of the pocket using the Threading Water punch by Fiskars.




The inside is pretty standard but I added silver borders (I love my silver Prismacolor marker!) and an additional sentiment to the message block.



I wanted to show you the tag as I think it turned out cute :) I added a tiny message block for a special touch.
Anyway I hope you like her.
Have a Happy Thursday!
Katie

5 comments:

Jacque said...

Katie...darn!!! How precious is this one!!! Love that image and your papers are so cute and happy...Love this card...Great job...Hugs..Jacque

Dawn Wheeler said...

Totaly adroable fantastic card ,stunning image and colours .brilliant ,
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Unknown said...

Love the color in this card! It is gorgeous!
Blessings,
Kim xxx

Ann said...

Katie this card is adorable, you have put so much into it, gorgeous detail and colouring - I love it xx

audrey(txpackrat) said...

Super adorable card! I love all the details, the tag is my favorite!!! :) Love the bright, pretty colors!!!