Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stampavie dt challenge

I do so love coloring in the Sarah Kay images.
It always takes me back to being a child. In the 70's in England you could collect Sarah Kay stickers in an album. You bought them in packs of 3 (or was it 5?) at the local newsagent (that's a store selling newspapers, magazines, cards and candy to those non-Brits :)) and had a big album that you matched the numbers up with to save them in. All the girls at school collected them too so it was easy to find someone to swap your extras with. I remember filling mine completely and I think my Mum still has it in a box somewhere. So everytime I stamp a SK image it lets me relive a slower, more carefree time in my life.
I loved the sketch for Stampavies 5th challenge and just inked up a stamp and gave it a go.


I used more papers from the wonderful Green Stack ,flowers from the bridal department at Michaels and a sentiment in an epoxy sticker from Cloud 9.


The inside just showcases the wonderful designs on the paper and I made a coordinating envelope.
I hope you like it and didn't mind my short trip down Memory Lane :)
Katie

1 comment:

mueppi said...

Deine Karte gefällt mir sehr gut!
Tolle Farben und Papiere!
LG Gisela