Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Go Lucky, another challenge card!

It's a short creating day today with end of school stuff but at least I have a card for the latest challenge at Copic Creations
The challenge this time is for coloring clear or white objects. It was great for me as I had just spent the weekend "You Tubing" and had watched the wonderful Suzanne J Dean and her great tutorials including one of whites!
Since getting my I-Pod Touch I'm logging on to You Tube and watching stuff all the time and for a crafter like me that's just wonderful!


I used Suzanne's techniques to help color the clouds on this cute scene. I used the Picnic Tilda and the Butterfly background. I stamped the images on to the Nestie label and got to coloring. I used B000 for the sky and a combo of B000 and BG10 for the edges of the clouds. My favorite part of this Tilda is the hair, I love coloring the long locks :)

The inside is plain but I loved the papers so much that I just had to add them inside.
The dp is Making Memories Chloes Closet, the flowers are Prima and the sentiment is Pebbles.
Have a happy hump day!
Katie

15 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Katie, what a precious card you've made. Your did an excelent job on Picnic Tilda and her background. Take a bow girl, you took on a challenge and did so well.

Lisa T said...

Adorable!

Sharon Caudle said...

This card is beautiful! Love all the details and Tilda is too precious! Great card!
hugs!
Sharon

Friday Sketcher Design Team said...

Cute, cute card...great job on clouds...I love that background!! Hugs..Jacque

Jacque said...

Sorry Katie...that was my comment...I was logged in under Friday Sketchers at the time...lol...Hugs..Jacque

Suzanne J Dean said...

So stinkin' cute Katie--I love it & you did a FABULOUS job coloring! Love her hair--looks so lifelike! Lovin' that dp too--I adore tulips, but I don't know any CM people :o( Glad the tut's were helpful, that makes me happy!

hugz,
Suzanne

Candy said...

Hi Katie,

Beautiful card - congrats on dealing with the challenge.

Hugs, Candy

cabio said...

The denim buttons go so well with the image. Layout is so cute & pretty!
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

Your card is so pretty. What a great job with your coloring! You are right about this little Tilda. I have got to add her to my wish list she is so cute!

charlene said...

Great job I love this card and I do like Tilda's long hair ! I also watch Suzanne's videos they are the best.

jami said...

What a sweet scene you've created!! Love your layout, and wonderful job on the coloring!! Thanks for joining us in the copic creations challenge!

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card, wonderful colouration. hugs rachxx

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

What a cute card and wonderful coloring of your image. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

Anonymous said...

VERY very nice card!! I love your coloring and I'm sooo happy you could join us for this Copic challenge. Thank you! :)

txpackrat aka audrey said...

Love this card!!! I have that image, and that paper from MM, I'm gonna try to make one myself! thanks for the inspiration!~