Monday, June 15, 2009

Magical Monday, a Colour Create Challenge and a Stampavie challenge!

Hello everyone!
I woke up this morning to a wonderful message on my blog.
I had won the 200,000 hit blog candy over at Scrap Bitz!
Suzanne is a coloring god in my eyes and I check her blog everyday without fail, you should too and look at the great tutorials that she has over on You Tube.
So I'm now going to be stalking the mailman so I can play with those wonderful new stamps by Victoria Case
Anyway enough of my ramblings and on to todays card.
I usually do sketch challenges but the colors in the challenge at Colour Create were perfect for the cute My Sweet Lili by Sarah Kay.
Also Stampavie's bi-weekly challenge is to use flowers so this works perfectly!




I colored the image with my Copic's and the papers are from the Baby Girl pad by Martha Stewart from Walmart. I used my Nesties to cut the mat and Quickitz Nesting dies for the circles. The sentiment is an old one from Making Memories and the flowers are from Hobby Lobby. The border punch is Apron Lace from Fiskars.



I kept the inside simple with just some coordinating paper are ribbon.



Here is a close up of the image as she is so cute!
Today I made and mailed a Fathers Day card for my Dad back in England, talk about leaving it to the last moment :)
I'm hoping to make some more cards this afternoon as there are more challenges that I just have to do!
TTFN
Katie

4 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

MichelleO said...

What a beautiful card! Purple and green are one of my favorite combos.. your coloring is great and love your flowers!
HUGS
MichelleO

Christine said...

Oh, your card is gorgeous!!! I love that stamp and you have colored her beautifully!! I also love all of the flowers and your card design!! Wonderful take on the challenge! xoxo, Christine

Lin said...

Beautiful colouring, love the different shaped nestie mats too.

TW