Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Terrific Tuesday and a Sugar Bowl Challenge

Good morning everyone!
It's a bright and sunny day here in North Texas and that means only one thing, temperatures will be climbing closer and closer to those triple digits :(
I love living in Texas but the heat gets me every Summer! LOL
Luckily our neighbors leave for a month tomorrow and as we are house sitting we get to use their pool everyday, that will make all this sunshine a little more bearable :)
Now on to todays card.
It was when we last went home to England (Christmas 08) that I started to be intrigued with rubber stamping. Everyone who paper crafts in the UK seems to stamp and the variety of images available was amazing. I hadn't been looking online then so my exposure had been Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby and a little stamp store so to see so many new images in magazines was an eye opener. And talking of magazines, you've never seen so many card magazines as they have in England, my suitcase was weighed down with them when I came home :)
One of the most popular new companies was Sugar Nellie and their images were cute and modern all at the same time.
I found out that there is just one place you can buy them online and that is Funky Kits and they do ship worldwide ;) It wasn't long after I returned that my first package from them was winging it's way over the Atlantic.
But it took me until this week to try one of their challenges!
The sketch over at The Sugar Bowl is a killer with so many layers but I just had to try it.




I used a very cute image of Hamish with his flowers and gift. I colored him with my copics and added a sentiment from Scrappy Cats.
The dp is DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Boy that I bought in store at Joann's and I added Prima flowers, K & Co brads and dew drops. Of course I had to use a border punch too and this time is was Fiskars Effervescense that I got at Joann's too.



As the front was so complex and layered I wanted the inside to be a little more simple :) So I used another coordinating paper from the collection and I think it works.
I have a huge list of challenges I want to do and tomorrow I'm hoping to have a card to show you that combines 5 into 1 !
Have a great rest of your day.
Katie

1 comment:

Lilian said...

Wow Katie! Your Hamish card is just adorable! Love the blues and great coloring. The dew drops are such a pretty detail as are your flower center brads. Just a great card!
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one too.