Monday, June 8, 2009

I have a New Love and a Charisma Cards Challenge

Happy Wednesday (Hump) Day!
I'll be really honest, I was a scrapbooker long before I was a cardmaker. When digital scrapbooking came into view I was totally against it. How could a paper crafter be satisified without the feel of the paper and the glue under their fingers.
So when I started to make cards and heard about digi stamps I was skeptical to say the least. But after I realised that you printed out an outline image and color it yourself I thought I may give it a try.
I wondered if the ink would stand up to my Copic's but was willing to give it a try. I used my GP cardstock in my Kodak printer and after my first printing I was in heaven! I bought images from Cuddly Buddly and can't wait for more! The Kodak ink works beautifully with Copic's, it dries quickly and not a smear/smudge/run to be found. Now I'm on the look out for more digi images as they are cheap, cute and give me immediate gratification unlike waiting for my online order.
I highly suggest finding some and trying some for yourself :)



The Charisma Cards Challenge was to use pink and brown and as that color combo is a favorite of mine I just had to use it.
I used Annie Sitting from Cuddly Buddly and I love her! The papers were from DCWV The Garden Party stack.
The sentiment is Cloud 9 and the flowers are Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby and the brown ones are Prima. The border punch is Martha Stewart.



So I hope you'll give digi stamps a try, there are so many wonderful companies using this method of art and it gives us immediate gratification at the touch of a button :)
Katie

3 comments:

Sally said...

Your card is truly adorable. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Vee said...

Gorgeous card. I love CB images too they are so cute. Lovely papers. Thanks for Playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

cabio's craft corner said...

Aww, this is adorable. The scallops strips for the top & bottom made a nice frame/stage effect for the layout, plus the image is so cute too!
Hugs,
Cabio