Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Friday Sketchers #57 and another digi stamp

Happy Wednesday Everyone!
You know how I said I was reluctant to try digital stamps and then jumped in and loved them? well today's card features another digi design from my online shopping this weekend! Instant gratification and much cheaper than the rubber version (but too easy to buy as well, hee, hee!)
This one I used for the sketch over at Friday Sketchers that this week was designed by Beatrix.



The image was from Pink Petticoat In My Garden Collection and it is a great little collection of imges. I love the fact that they come as a plain image and then the same image with a sentiment so you can print out both together and get a card made super quick! And of course you can resize to whatever you want.
I colored the image with my Copic's and the dp is from DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Boy stack. I also colored the light blue flowers with my Copic's to match the theme as I didn't have any the right shade. The paper roses are from Prima, the leaf punch is Martha Stewart and the border punch is Fiskars.



As the outside hints towards an announcement (a little birdie told me) I added two journaling spots inside the card for extra messages and used my Nesties label to match the mat on the image on the front of the card.

I really love thr blues of this card and using digital images is getting to be a habit with me (be sure to check back tomorrow to see 5 (yes 5) new cards all made with digis for the Verve new release giveaway).
I know I won't ever give up on rubber and clear stamps but I find myself "window shopping" and wishing that all the stamps were available in downloadable versions too so I could get my hands on them in just a moment :)
See ya tomorrow!
Katie

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, what a super card, both inside and out! I love all of your beautiful details. :)

Thanks for playing along with the Friday Sketchers this week - I'm so excited to be the sponsor and am having so much fun visiting everyone!

Unknown said...

Fabby card! I toatally adore every single element you put in it! I just used my first digi yesterday and I think I may be getting hooked...gotta get the Copics though :-)
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Darling card! I also love the instant gratification of "digi" stamping (no waiting for the mailman...lol) & the ability to resize to any size you want. I've just begun to play with Copics & I'm "addicted"! They are wonderful!
Huggies,
Sharron

Unknown said...

oh wooooow your card looks so fantastic and really great. the design is so amazing and really precious.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
hugs, bea