Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Little Something for the Man in your life :)

Over at Three Clovers Kerry posted a challenge that we all need to do more of...make manly cards! I know how easy it is to get out the cute girly stamps and make sweet cards but we must not forget the men in our lives:)



I happened across this lighthouse stamp in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby and just had to have it. I knew it needed to be subtley colored and so I used my Bruynzeel pencils and OMS this time. I'm a huge Basic Grey fan but sometimes find them hard to use on cards as the images are large and get lost in the smaller scale of a card but these ones worked. The challenge included using metal and I cheated a little as the brads are fabric covered but they are metal underneath :)




I used used more dp on the inside as I said I love BG!

This will be a double post day as I have another challenge card (two actually) to share as well.
Have a great Saturday!
Katie

2 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Wow Katie - your card is totally amazing. Love your lighthouse and your gorgeous papers. Though I think I would cry if someone gave this card to me - that sentiment gets me every time! LOL

Sue from Oregon said...

wow such wonderful detail in this card and finished so wonderfully on the inside!